Areas of practice: Serious personal injury and wrongful death, and serious automobile litigation. Ms. Salter-Ferris graduated from John Marshall Law School in Chicago, Illinois in 1983 and has limited her practice to serious injury law ever since. She began her legal career at a prestigious Chicago law firm before relocating to Ann Arbor in 1988.
She is a past president of the Washtenaw Trial Lawyers Association, and is a former executive board member of the Michigan Trial Lawyers Association. She is the recipient of WTLA's "Attorney of the Year" award.
Ms. Salter-Ferris is the author of "The 1993 Michigan Medical Malpractice Act Tort Reform Book". She has also served as an author on small law firm practice and lecturer on trial practice issues for the Institute for Continuing Legal Education. She currently serves on ICLE's Civil Litigation Advisory Board.
Ms. Salter-Ferris has served as a Washtenaw County Bar Association board member, and has co-chaired its Judiciary Committee. She created and served for two years as host of WCBA's "The Legal Forum", a monthly cable television program.
She is a member of the Woman Lawyer's Association of Michigan, and received the WLAM Washtenaw Region's Pro Bono award.
Ms. Salter-Ferris has been handling major personal injury cases throughout her experience as a trial lawyer, and is the author of several articles and book chapters on personal injury law. She is listed in "Who's Who in American Law," is a member of "The Million Dollar Advocates Forum" and is listed in "The Best Lawyers in America."
Areas of Practice:
- Personal Injury Law
- Serious Automobile Accident Cases
- Construction Accident Law
- Railroad Accident Cases
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 1983
- Michigan, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1988
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois, 1983 - J.D.
- Northern Illinois University, 1979 - B.A.
- Seminar topics on personal injury law, ICLE, 1992 - Present
- "Medical Malpractice Law" an ICLE chapter in Tort Law
Honors and Awards:
- Best Lawyers in America -- Plaintiff's Personal Injury Litigation, and Plaintiff's Medical Malpractice Litigation, 2003 - Present
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2005 - Present
- Michigan Super Lawyer -- Plaintiff's Medical Malpractice Litigation, and Plaintiff's Personal Injury Litigation, 2006 - Present
- 2013 Mary Foster Award from Women Lawyers Association of Michigan/Washtenaw for leadership and contribution to women
- "Top 50 Women Attorneys in Michigan" by the New York Times
- Martindale & Hubbell, AV (Highest) - The AV Preeminent Rating is earned through a strenuous peer review rating process which is managed and monitored by the world's most trusted legal resource, Martindale-Hubbell. The AV Preeminent Rating is the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards and reflects the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Michigan Trial Lawyer's Association, 1998 - 2003, Executive Board Member
- Washtenaw County Trial Lawyers Association, 1993 - 1994, President
- Fellow, Michigan State Bar Foundation
Past Employment Positions:
- Bishop, Gates & Salter, P.C., Partner, 1992 - 1995
- Bishop & Shelton, P.C., Associate, 1983 - 1992